The David Lee trade chatter is deafening at this point. Tommy Dee at The Knicks Blog reports that the Blazers have a school girl crush on an Anthony Bonner for David Lee that is on the creepy stalker threshold. He also says that the Bulls and Nuggets are monitoring the situation. I’ve decided to make a wish list of players from each of these teams.
Portland: The Blazers clearly have the best young talent. The Knicks would love to get their hands on any of these guys, who would fit the long term plans and D’Antoni’s style.
- Travis Outlaw
- Martell Webster (he’s got a long contract but its real cheap.)
- Channing Frye (I can still re member that game his rookie year where he shot something like 20/22 from the field. Talk about spacing the floor.)
- Ike Diogu (if Donnie can get him as a throw-in, why not?)
- Jerryd Bayless (talented, fast, and a good shooter, but buried on the bench.)
- Sergio Rodriguez (fast break guard stuck in a half court system.)
Denver: They don’t have a lot of young talent at all. They can mainly offer cap space.
- Steven Hunter (blah.)
- Chucky Atkins (blah.)
- Linas Klieza (nice but will be restricted this year. Resigning him will come cheaper than resigning Lee.)
Chicago: Their horses are mostly busts. They might play better in D’Antoni’s style but are they an improvement over Lee? Also can offer cap space.
- Larry Hughes (cap space.)
- Drew Gooden (same, and seems really hurt at the moment.)
- Derrick Rose (I kid, I kid.)
- Ty Thomas (he’s been in the league a while now and I think he’s just developmentally disabled. Stromile Swift 2.)
- Jo Noah (intriguing. Hustler like Lee but also blocks shots. Apparently still has some growing up to do.)
- Thabo Sefolosha (Versatile 6’5 2 guard who can score. Can’t find time behind Rose, Gordon, Hughes, Deng and Nocioni.)
No matter what we get in terms of players, it would be really nice to grab a draft pick or two, considering the fact that we don’t have one next year. Like Jon, I think Donnie is about to pull a heist.